Administrator, Public Health District IV
732 Whitfield St
Starkville, MS 39760
Karen McPherson came to the Mississippi State Department of Health in July 2006. She has 18 years' experience in business and industry from manufacturing in management and administration. Her background encompasses a wide array of division areas including safety and health administration, human resources, accounting, sales and customer service, purchasing and inventory control, engineering, computer programming, web design, and quality control.
A native of Meridian, Karen enjoys aerobics, body sculpting, water skiing, and horse showing with her husband and children.
Academic and Professional Credentials
- A.A., Business Administration, MCC, Circle of Excellence (Top 5), 1998
- B.S., Business Administration, Cum Laude, MSU Meridian, 2002
- Graduate of Tulane South Central Public Health Leadership Institute (SCPHLI), 2009-2010
- Certified Public Manager (CPM), 2012
- Mississippi Public Health Association, Executive Board Secretary, 2012-2013
- National Association of Female Executives (NAFE) Member
- Class A Educator License, Business Education, Secondary, State of Mississippi