Nutrition is the heart of a healthy life.
The foods we eat are the foundation of our health. Good food choices can ward off chronic diseases and obesity, and improve the life of both adults and children.
Start your journey to better nutrition today.
|Where to Start||Resources||Special Conditions||Parents & Kids||Contact|
Everything you eat and drink over time matters. Find your healthy eating style and maintain it for a lifetime.
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables. Focus on whole fruits rather than juices. Eat a variety of vegetables in all colors.
- Make half your grains whole grains.
- Choose fish and poultry over red meat.
- Move to low-fat and fat-free milk or yogurt.
- Drink and eat less saturated fat, salt (sodium), and added sugars.
Where To Start
How to Lose and Manage Weight
A complete set of broad resources, including:
- Guides to Good Nutrition
- Menu Planning and Recipes
- Professionals and Teachers
Special Health Conditions
Diabetes and Kidney Disease
Kids and Parents
Games and Activities
Parents and Caregivers
For more information about nutrition, contact our Nutrition Services division at 601-576-7820.