Arthritis and related conditions are among the most common chronic conditions in Mississippi.
Arthritis is also one of the leading causes of disability, leading to limitations in work, recreation, home activities and basic self-care.
Activities supported by the MSDH Arthritis Program include the following:
- Develop and coordinate partnerships
- Increase access to effective arthritis intervention programs
- Increase public awareness and surveillance
- Develop or update the State Arthritis Plan
- Provide training and technical assistance
For More Information
To find out more about our Arthritis program, contact our Chronic Disease division at 601-576-7781.