The Mississippi State Department of Health's Office of Preventive Health and Health Equity will offer Community Interpreter Training along with Medical Terminology, as a 10-day online course.
Community Interpreter training caters to bilingual individuals seeking to enhance their interpreting skills and extend their knowledge of properly conducting a successful interpreting session. Training is open to all those fluent in English and a second spoken language or sign language.
- Orientation: Thursday, September 17, 10:00 a.m. –11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, September 30 – Saturday, October 2, 9:00 a.m. –4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 7 – Saturday, October 9, 9:00 a.m. –3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 13 – Saturday, October 16, 9:00 a.m. –3:30 p.m.
- $275.00 per person for 48 hours of Community Interpreter and Medical Terminology training. ($200.00 per person for more than one applicant from the same agency or organization.)
- $200.00 per person for 40 hours of Community Interpreter training only (without Medical Terminology).
- $75.00 per person for Medical Terminology training only. (Open only to those with previous Community Interpreter training.)
Make Money Orders payable to:
Mississippi State Department of Health
Office of Preventive Health and Health Equity
713 South Pear Orchard Road, Suite 201, Plaza II
Ridgeland, MS 39157
ATTN: Patricia Gatewood
For questions about this training, contact Selma Alford at the MSDH Office of Preventive Health and Health Equity, 601-206-1559, or by e-mail at Selma.Alford@msdh.ms.gov.