District Health Officer, Public Health Districts 1 and 3
Alfio Rausa, M.D.
District Health Officer
Public Health Districts 1 and 3
Phone: (662) 453-4563
Alfio Rausa, M.D., began his public health career with the United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps as Lieutenant Commander 1966 to 1970. Along with three other
commissioned officers, Rausa was assigned to implement the Delta Pilot Project in the Mississippi Delta; during this time, he "fell in love" with Greenwood and the Delta region.
In 1970, he resigned his commission and accepted the position as District Medical Director for the Delta region.
- M.D., University of Bologna, School of Medicine and Surgery, 1964
- B.A., Hunter College, New York, 1958
- Secretary-Treasurer, Board of the Delta Area Health Education Center
- President, North Central Mississippi Council on Aging
- President, Friends of Education Television (ETV)
Professional Licenses and Memberships
- Medical License, Mississippi
- Delta Medical Society
- Medical Staff, Greenwood Leflore Hospital
- American Public Health Association
- Mississippi Public Health Association
- National Association of City and County Health Officials
- Secretary-Treasurer, Mississippi Association of Public Health Physicians
- Trustee, American Association of Public Health Physicians