Licensing and Inspection
The Child Care Facilities Licensure Branch and its staff:
- inspect and license day care facilities and youth camps
- monitor child residential homes
- investigate complaints related to licensed child care facilities and providers
- make inquiries into reports regarding unlicensed facilities
- hold administrative hearings related to child care licensure
Inspections include, but are not limited to, a program review consisting of the care-giver's records check, children's records checks, immunization records checks, facility policies, facility program content, and building and grounds safety.
Staff provide in-service training to child care providers throughout the state. Sessions include preschool fire safety instruction, child abuse and neglect identification, appropriate discipline, and administrative issues such as emergency procedures, child care facility policies and procedures, classroom management, and development of a parent handbook. The agency offers all staff development training to providers at no cost.
Child Care Licensure Division: (601) 364-2827
143B Lefleur's Square