Good food is essential to your health and the health of your children. Your eWIC card will make buying what you need easier than ever.
The Fruit and Vegetable Cash Value Benefit (CVB) for all women and children will be increasing to $35 for each eligible participant. This temporary increase is for benefits that start August 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021.
MS WIC is in the process of increasing the CVB for eligible participants with active benefits. Please check your eWIC benefit amount by calling Conduent Customer Service at 1-855-897-5897or logging into WIC Connect at www.wicconnect.com. If the CVB has not increased for the women and children in your household, please contact your WIC clinic before redeeming your benefits.
Thank you in advance for your help, as well as all you do to keep MS informed and safe during the pandemic.
Shopping with eWIC Cards
Soon you will use an eWIC card to pick up your WIC foods at approved grocery stores. Simply swipe your eWIC card and enter your PIN, just like you would with a debit card.
Because WIC’s emphasis is on healthy eating for mothers and children, you can use your eWIC card to buy:
- peanut butter
- whole wheat bread
- brown rice
- whole wheat pasta
- whole wheat and corn tortillas
- fresh, frozen or canned fruits and vegetables
- baby formula
- baby food
Exclusively breastfeeding women will have increased quantities of WIC foods, and canned fish like tuna or salmon will be added to their food package.
About Your eWIC Card
Tu Tarjeta eWIC
WIC - Authorized Vendors
The list below includes WIC authorized vendors who are able to accept eWIC payments.
With eWIC, you will also have a greater variety of foods to choose from. The WIC Food Guide will help make your shopping experience simple and exciting. You'll receive a copy at your first WIC appointment along with a shopping list that is tailored for you.
When eWIC is Coming
eWIC is planned for the counties below soon! You can still pick up your food at WIC Food Centers after these dates, but the food centers will eventually be closed.
Lee, Lauderdale and Forrest
DeSoto, Marshall, Benton, Tippah, Alcorn, Tishomingo, Tunica, Tate, Coahoma, Quitman, Panola, Lafayette, Union, Prentiss, Pontotoc, Itawamba, Bolivar, Sunflower, Tallahatchie, Yalobusha, Calhoun, Chickasaw, Monroe, Leflore, Grenada, Carroll, Montgomery, Webster, and Clay
Washington, Sharkey, Issaquena, Warren, Claiborne, Humphreys, Yazoo, Hinds, Copiah, Holmes, Madison, Rankin, Simpson, Attala, Leake, Scott, Smith, Choctaw, Oktibbeha, Lowndes, Winston, Noxubee, Neshoba, Newton, Jasper, Kemper, and Clarke
Jefferson, Adams, Wilkinson, Franklin, Amite, Lincoln, Pike, Lawrence, Walthall, Jefferson Davis, Covington, Jones, Wayne, Marion, Lamar, Perry, Greene, Pearl River, Stone, George, Hancock, Harrison, Jackson
About Your eWIC Card
- Your eWIC card will have a unique account number. WIC will use that number to send your benefits to your account each month.
- The back of your eWIC card contains a magnetic strip that you will swipe through a card reader at the grocery store.
- It is very important that you keep up with your eWIC card so you will be able to pick up your WIC foods when you need them.
- If you lose your card or if it's stolen or damaged, contact Customer Service immediately at 1-855-897-5897
- Some items you buy may not be on your family’s WIC Shopping List. These items can be paid for with your SNAP card, gift card, cash, debit card or check.
- To check the amount of WIC benefits remaining on your card, check the receipt from your most recent shopping trip, call Customer Service at 1-855-897-5897 or visit the cardholder web portal at www.wicconnect.com.
- Any WIC benefits you do not use during a benefit cycle do not roll over. They expire. When you have used all your WIC benefits for the month, do not throw away the card. WIC will reload the card when your next monthly benefit period begins.
Participant Complaints for Experiences at Retail Grocery Stores and Pharmacies
We aim for our WIC participants to have a great shopping experience in retail grocery stores and pharmacies. If your shopping experience hasn't been what it should, please let us know by submitting a WIC Participant Complaint form.
Instructions: E-mail your completed complaint form to firstname.lastname@example.org. A WIC certifier or clerk may also complete the form for you. If you wish to remain anonymous, leave the WIC Participant Information section blank.